Built by A H Watty of Fowey as 'Kingfisher' a 21ft Cyclone designed by Dr T Harrison Butler.
Archive material held by the owner includes two letters written by Harrison Butler in 1935, commenting on the change of rig from gaff to Bermudan and on her sail balance. She was built using oak frames with grown elbows, her planking and decks were teak and she was copper fastened. In 1935, she was fitted with a Stuart Turner 6 horse power petrol two cylinder two-stroke engine with reverse gear.
She has a small cockpit and her cabin is entered by a hatch with an oilskin locker to port and a small pocket galley to starboard. She has two settee berths and a half-bulkhead to the forepeak stowage area.
In her lifetime, 'Little Kingfisher' has cruised extensively over most of the English Channel and North Sea, from Poole to Aldeburgh and Cherbourg to the Elbe. Her voyages include Chichester to Holland, Svenborg, Gotenburg, Stockholm, and Helskinki where she spent the war, being shipped home in June 1946.
In the late 1970s, she was hit by a ship while moored at Pin Mill and, although repairable, was written off. She was subsequently bought from the insurance company and structural repairs were carried out.
Between 1994 and 2009, major restoration works were undertaken by Paul Drake at Tollesbury and in 2000, a 10hp Yanmar single cylinder diesel engine was fitted.
When purchased in 2010, 'Little Kingfisher' was found in a barn near Falmouth, Cornwall and shipped back to the South Coast by road to her new base on the Hamble River. She has sailed regularly around the Solent and at OGA events, before being sold in 2017.